Are you looking for the perfect appetizer to serve at your next gathering or to take to a potluck? A friend of mine shared her recipe for Salmon Olive dip a while back and so far, every time I’ve made it it’s been a hit.
Enjoy this recipe.
Salmon and Olive Spread
- 1 small carrot chopped into 3/4 inch pieces
- 6 or 7 sprigs of Italian parsley fresh
- 5 sprigs dill fresh
- 1/4 cup olive oil-based mayonnaise
- 1 6 oz can Wild Salmon broke apart
- 6 or 7 black olives pitted
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- In a small processor or blender, put the carrot pieces, parsley, and dill and process until it is finely minced.
- Add the lemon juice, mayonnaise, olives, salmon and salt. Process in pulses until the olives are finely chopped and the mixture is blended.
- Serve with crackers or a crusty piece of French Bread.
We often bring this along for picnics as it’s easy to transport. Just stick it in an insulated cold container.
I prefer olive oil-based mayonnaise because it’s healthier. Use salmon either leftover from dinner or from a can. Serve it with savory crackers or a crusty piece of French Bread.
Salmon, especially if it’s wild, provides you with Omega 3 fatty acids that are necessary for a healthy heart. This salmon dip also has chopped olives, dill, carrots, parsley, and lemon juice mixed in to give it an irresistible zing. Take it on your next picnic or as a potluck dish. Your friends will love you for it.
Are you going to take this yummy salmon olive dip along on your next picnic? Please leave a comment below and let us know.