My good friend and former podcast co-host Dr.Sharone Rosen, turned me on to this curious recipe for Chocolate Avocado Pudding! Who would have thought you could make a pudding using the same thing you use to make guacamole? I tried it out and can honestly say it tastes just like chocolate pudding. In fact, it’s even better.
>Enjoy this Recipe
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 5 Avocados peeled and diced equal to 4 cups chopped
- 1 cup cocoa powder get the best quality you can
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup or use honey, agave, or stevia
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- zest of an orange (or 8-10 drops of orange oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt optional
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or with a blending stick until smooth.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so. (It tastes better that way)
You may not think of avocado as a pudding but it’s a perfect treat for anyone with a sweet tooth who wants to stay away from the junk-filled ingredients of what you buy in the store. It’s also a healthy alternative for giving your grandkids a healthy treat. If you don’t want to use Maple syrup, you can also use either honey, agave, or stevia as a sweetener. No matter what you choose, you’ll be surprised at how good this recipe tastes.
The benefits and goodness of eating avocado
Avocado prevents prostate cancer, oral cancers, improves eye health, lowers cholesterol, maintains heart health, prevents stroke, helps the body absorb nutrients, is an excellent source of Glutathione and vitamin E. I could eat an avocado every day and most days I do, usually for breakfast as avocado toast, in sandwiches, salad, and, of course, guacamole.
What’s the weirdest dessert you’ve ever had? Please leave a comment below.