I bet you’re thinking I’m going to tell you about some miracle super fruit, highly touted weight loss system, or fat burning supplement right? Well, I’m not. I’m going to tell you about the best cleanse on the planet. It’s the healthiest, least expensive, most mundane and overrated nutritional product out there.
That’s right! It’s water!
Why water is the best cleanse on the planet:
- You can spend big bucks trying something Jennifer Aniston touted in an ad to stay ridiculously hot looking, but chances are she never touched the stuff. (or Marie Osmond, Sharone Osbourne or Valerie Bertinelli)
- You can beat your body into submission training for a marathon.
- You can pop every supplement Dr. Oz tells you to. (Some ads with his name are fake)
- You can take over the counter diet pills (and risk death)
- Or . . . you can drink water and practically nothing else. (Don’t worry . . . you can still eat food)
Ever since I turned 50, my once naturally lean body, starting taking on blubber. All of it settled into my stomach. (I’m a classic apple shape) I keep wondering when the twins are going to emerge. All the healthy fresh food I ate and exercise I was diligently doing wasn’t causing it to deflate. It sat there laughing at me under my Empire waistline dresses.
Then, I had a sudden wake-up call, (medically) and had to re-evaluate what I was doing wrong. All the tests I took said I was normal. I decided to drink water and nothing else. I cut out wine with dinner, coffee in the morning and any other liquid beverage except soup. I kept a bottle of water next to me at all times and sipped it throughout the day for 4 weeks.
10 lbs immediately fell off my body
I thought. . . Hmmm. I may just stick with this plan until I’m back into a size 8. Well, that hasn’t happened yet but drinking lots of water has certainly helped.
I haven’t changed anything else in my diet. I eat “real” food and avoid anything processed. I also watch portion sizes carefully and don’t eat hardly any sugar aside from some dark chocolate. I even had to cut some of my exercise routine until I recovered.
Here’s what else has happened after deciding to go on a water cleanse
- My fingernails have started to grow and get stronger.
- My skin is glowing more. I’ve always taken very good care of my skin but it’s even nicer now.
- My dry skin is less dry.
- I’m regular as clockwork. (I know, you probably didn’t want to know that)
- Drinking water fills me up so I don’t snack as much.
- I don’t have hardly any aches or pains. (Water helps keep your joints lubricated)
- I’m sleeping much more soundly.
- I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything. I enjoy drinking water because of all the great benefits I get.
Hydration is critically important for everyone, but especially if you’re over 50. I’ve seen my dad when he was 90, become confused and completely out of it simply because he had gotten dehydrated. Once he’s hydrated again, he goes back to normal. What may be diagnosed as dementia in the elderly, could be dehydration.
As we grow older, our bodies react differently than younger people when we don’t get enough water. Dehydration is one of the most frequent causes of hospitalization for Baby Boomers and seniors.
I love drinking wine and have a glass every once in a while but no longer every night. It takes about 8 ounces of water to metabolize 1 oz of alcohol, so I always drink water after having wine, beer or cocktails.
Drinking water also prevents ulcers, gastric reflux, constipation, heartburn, high blood pressure, and asthma. It allows your organs to function at full capacity.
Instead of looking for the latest weight loss diet or fix, try the best cleanse on the planet – water! Eat smart with plenty of vegetables, stay away from processed foods, walk, and stretch. You’ll not only save tons of money but lose weight and feel better too.
How much water do you drink each day? Please leave a comment below.