While perusing a booth at a local farmer’s market I found a bag of greens mixed with edible flower petals at one of the vendor booths. It was such a beautiful mix, I had to take some home to make a salad out of them.
Enjoy this Edible Flowers Salad with Shallot Dressing Recipe
Flower Salad with Shallot Dressing
- 1 shallot organic if possible and minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice organic fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup orange juice organic fresh squeezed
- 1/2 Tsp Bariani Olive Oil or more to taste
- lettuce leaves mixed greens vegetables and even edible flowers such as Nasturtiums
- Whisk all the ingredients together and enjoy with your salad.
- Try serving it with greens mixed with edible flowers for a pretty and colorful salad.
Flowers add a special touch to salads and other dishes. They make a gorgeous garnish for parties and spring luncheons. Whoever said, “Please don’t eat the daisies” was wrong. You can safely eat daisies and all the other pretty blossoms listed below.
42 edible flowers
- Anise Hyssop
- Bachelor’s button
- Bee Balm
- Citrus (orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit, kumquat)
- English Daisy
- Lemon Verbena
- Squash and Pumpkin
Another way to make an edible flower salad special is to top it with a delectable dressing. My friend Michele the Trainer, who is a personal trainer in Los Angeles, shared her recipe for shallot dressing. She recommends using Bariani Olive Oil from California because it’s pure and organic.
Please visit Michele’s website.
Have you ever eaten edible flowers? Which ones have you tried? Please leave a comment below.