Can I have a little more, please? That’s how I feel when I eat Chunky Crab Gazpacho or any gazpacho for that matter because it reminds me of my trip to Spain.
Enjoy this Chunky Crab Gazpacho recipe!
Chunky Crab Gazpacho Soup
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 bunch of Parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 32 oz of vegetable juice like V8 or natural vegetable juice found at a conscious grocery food store
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes ripe
- 1/2 cup each of yellow and green bell pepper for color
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 large cucumber or 2 Persian cucumbers chopped
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 tsp of red pepper flakes
- juice of 2 lemons
- grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 lb crab meat fresh or canned (leave out for vegetarian)
- croutons optional – leave out for gluten-free
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients except for the crab meat and croutons. If you prefer it smooth, pulverize these ingredients in a blender. Chill well before serving. When ready to serve, fold in the crabmeat and garnish with croutons and parsley sprigs.
Soup is one of the best ways to get the nutrition you need without excess calories, but it’s sometimes too hot to eat in summer. That’s why I love making gazpacho! It’s a cold soup, is refreshing and blended with colorful vegetables. You can make it smooth and blended like traditional gazpacho or leave it chunky.
I’m not a fan of fake Krab. I don’t know who invented it but it’s God awful. If you can’t find fresh crab look for a good canned brand. That way you don’t have to crack it. Just make sure to check the label to make sure it doesn’t contain excess salt or preservatives. Crown Prince has excellent wild-caught natural crab in cans. Even better, catch your own. It’s good exercise.
What’s your favorite way to eat fresh crab? Please leave a comment below.