If you want a decadent dessert but are looking for something gluten-free, you will love this recipe for no-flour muffins that didn’t taste like cardboard. I used ground almond meal instead of flour. This gives the muffins a rich consistency and mixed with dark chocolate, they are heavenly.
Enjoy this recipe!
Mixed Berry and Chocolate No-Flour Muffins
- 2 cups of Almond Meal finely ground almonds
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup of softened coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup of mixed fresh berries I used raspberries and blackberries You can also use frozen berries (thawed and patted dry)
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet
- Mix together all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and the berries.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and berries
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Divide the muffin mixture between 12 muffins
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool off and serve
Can muffins made without flour taste good?
Of course! And with tangy berries and dark chocolate chips, this no-flour muffin recipe is not only delightful but is an antioxidant powerhouse.
This is a perfect recipe for anyone who has issues with gluten but can be enjoyed by anyone. For one thing, the muffins don’t taste like cardboard or are bland like many gluten-free muffins I’ve tasted. You can enjoy the goodness of them and your stomach will thank you.
The only other sweetener besides the chocolate is natural honey so they are just sweet enough without giving you a sugar rush.
The flour is made out of crushed almonds which prevents heart attacks, lowers cholesterol, protects your arteries, builds strong bones and teeth, is a “healthy” fat, is good for the brain and nervous system, and helps to alkalize your body.
Eat them for breakfast or as a healthy snack. This recipe will not only tickle your sweet tooth but give you plenty of energy as well.