Are you a woman over 50 who loves fashion and style? Do you find it frustrating to find clothing that fits your ever-changing body? Never fear! I’ve put together a list of stores that I believe have some of the best women’s clothes and accessories that you can find online.
Whenever I go to a mall, most of the clothing I find is designed to fit a 20-year-old and not my not-so-perfect mature and somewhat voluptuous body shape. That means I spend most of my time running from store to store without much luck other than getting thousands of steps in. That’s good for my fitness but I usually come home empty-handed.
Women’s online clothing stores offer much more variety for mature women’s fashion and you can search for exactly what you are looking for. For me, it’s the best way to shop and I don’t have to look at myself in a God-awful department store mirror!
You can try on the items you buy online in the comfort of your own home. If something doesn’t fit, simply send it back using the physical or printable shipping label good online retailers provide. The whole process makes life easier and it’s fun too.
Some online clothing stores are shady so make sure to only shop on websites you can trust and who can deliver your items in a timely manner. Believe me, I’ve been sucked in by online ads and have made some pretty awful shopping mistakes. Or, 6 months later your package arrives from a faraway destination, usually crushed.
I have personally vetted the online women’s clothing websites below that are best suited for mature women’s fashion. The last thing I want to happen is for you to have a bad shopping experience. These sites are not only trustworthy but also have some of the best selections of clothing made for a variety of body shapes and sizes.
My TOP online clothing stores for mature women’s fashion
To start shopping, click on the links for any of the online women’s clothing stores listed below depending on your personal preferences. I personally love classic and French chic styles because they are timeless. But I also like to shop where I can get the best bargain and some trendy items as well. These are some of my favorite stores for older women because they have the most variety of styles and size selections.
- Lands’ End® is a go-to online clothing store for classic American style. It is a lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, and real value. They have a complete line of casual and tailored clothing for women, men, and kids’ plus stunning outerwear, swimwear & more. Everything is Guaranteed. Period.® Returns are always free at the Lands’ End Shops at Sears. Chat with a real person 24/7 via text chat, phone, or video. Find the best and latest classic styles on Lands’ End by clicking here.
- Macy’s is one of my favorite department stores for older women’s fashion. You can always find classic clothing there and they almost always have a fabulous sale going on. Many of their designer brands are perfect for women over 50 and they have a large selection of plus size and petite clothing. When you shop on their online portal make sure to check out their accessories, beauty products, home goods, and much more. They also put on a pretty darn good parade! Find the perfect outfit at Macy’s by clicking here.
- Nordstrom is the place to shop for elegant, fashionable, and high-end attire, It’s a one-stop-shop for quality designer clothing, shoes, beauty items, and accessories. They also have a fabulous department for plus-size women and offer free alterations. You can always find clothing appropriate and chic for mature women for every occasion. Make sure to look out for their Anniversary sale for amazing bargains as well. Find the perfect outfit for you at Nordstrom by clicking here.
- Saks Fifth Avenue – has outstanding customer service and sophisticated style offerings. You will find the best European and American designers when you shop with them online. Find out what’s new at Saks Fifth Avenue by clicking here.
- Anthropologie offers women’s apparel and accessories, intimates, home furniture and décor, beauty and gifts. Each caters to the lifestyle of our five muses: soft & delicate; boho chic; easy cool; elegant classic; and modern sporty. See what’s new on Anthropologie by clicking here.
- Banana Republic provides a wardrobe of favorites – clothing, eyewear, jewelry, shoes, handbags, and fragrances – all made for a life in motion with the finest materials and fabric innovations. See what’s new at Banana Republic by clicking here.
- J.Crew is all about classic clothing and quality as well as personalized service. You can’t go wrong here. Find out what is new on J.Crew by clicking here.
- Ann Taylor is another go-to for classic style and it has a stunning collection of petite sizes for those of us who are on the short side. Find out what’s new at Ann Taylor by clicking here.
- Lilysilk is where you can find gorgeous and chic silk blouses, camisoles, tee shirts, cashmere sweaters, elegant dresses, pants, and skirts. They also have bedding, men’s clothes, accessories and more. It also employs sustainable practices. All their silk comes from Mulberry trees which require less watering. Every piece is made with natural fabrics rather than synthetics. Click here to find the latest in sophisticated fashion that will last at Lilysilk.
Flattering designer brands
Most older women look for clothing that is affordable as well as chic so you won’t see Gucci or other pricy lines on this list. The designers below offer clothes that anyone, no matter what their age or style can wear and look like a fashion icon.
- XCVI is an online clothing store that has sophisticated, comfortable, and casual clothing you can live in. It was founded by Gita Zeltzer who is an Israeli-born theatre actress and director. All her designs are breathable and moveable as well as stylish and attractive. Shop fashion you feel good living in at XCVI by clicking here.
- Margaret O’Leary sells plush and chic knitwear as well as women’s clothing. The company is based in San Francisco. Find out what’s new at Margaret O’Leary by clicking here.
- Rafaella Sportswear allows you to love the shape you’re in no matter what size you are. It’s a sub-brand of Perry Ellis and offers easy care and comfortable clothing for women of all ages including plus size and petite. Sizes 4-32. Shop styles that fit and feel comfortable at Rafaella Sportswear by clicking here.
- Dorothee Schumacher is not just a label but an attitude. They offer contemporary women’s clothing for your lifestyle. Using only the highest standards, their subtle and classy designs are made with fine materials. See the latest styles on Dorothee Schumacher by clicking here.
- SEYMAYKA.com is an online store that aims to bring together the biggest brands in the world and the highest quality products and sell famous fashion brands in clothing, shoes, bags, accessories, and beauty products for women, and men. The most popular brands they sell; are Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Prada, Diesel, Tommy Hilfiger, Balenciaga, Versace, and more. There are more than 400+ brands and they are waiting for yours. Click to see what’s new at Seymayka here.
Subscription boxes send regular fun surprises to your door
It’s fun when you can receive a special box of goodies in your mailbox on a regular basis that has been specially curated just for you.
- Curateur is a membership site that offers a fashion and lifestyle subscription box hand-chosen by designer Rachel Zoe each season. It was formerly known as “Box of Style.” The rebrand “Curateur” is French and means an all-encompassing, curated lifestyle membership for the modern woman. As a member, you will not only receive your quarterly box of fashion but your membership also includes exclusive luxury home decor, cocktail accessories, the latest fashion pieces, the most-coveted makeup and skincare products, plus much more. You will love it! Sign up to get the newest box on Curateur by clicking here.
Do you prefer dresses and skirts to pants?
I’ve always been a lover of wearing skirts but attractive ones are often hard to find.
- Leota was founded by a female wall street investment banker turned fashionista. Her line of stretch jersey dresses is made to be machine washable and made to flatter any figure from small to plus size. I particularly love Leota wrap dresses that have sleeves and are knee-length made in many lovely small prints. You can easily take these dresses along when you travel as they will not wrinkle. Skirts and some tops are also available. Click here to find out what is new at Leota by clicking here.
Sustainable and ethical clothing brands
A sustainable clothing brand is a company that makes its apparel using recyclable material in a way that doesn’t damage the environment. An ethical clothing brand is a company that does not sell clothing made by exploited workers who work under shoddy or unsafe conditions.
- LACAUSA is a Los Angeles-based clothing company that is ethical and environmentally conscious. They employ fair work practices and use materials that are low waste. Their styles are made with natural fabrics that are comfortable as well as stylish. Shop with a conscience at LACAUSA Clothing by clicking here.
Need a personal stylist who will dress you with pizzazz?
It’s not always easy for mature women to find the right styles based on their body shape and lifestyle when they shop for clothes. A trained personal stylist can make a huge difference.
- Nordstrom Trunk Club is a personalized mid-to-high-end men’s and women’s clothing service based in Chicago, Illinois, United States. As a customer, you will work with a specialist who will find you the best clothing styles for your body shape that are fashionable and classy. Your purchase will then be shipped to your home. If you are satisfied with your items, purchase them outright or send them back to Trunk Club.
About Nordstrom Trunk Club
• Their service exists to give you a jolt of confidence knowing that everything you’re wearing just works.
• It is designed for smart and savvy people looking for quality clothing that will make you feel and look great.
• They are the only retailer that offers personal attention and expert styling advice delivered to your door with the highest standards of customer care.
• You will feel fabulous about how you look and find that the process to be effortless and fun, no matter how you prefer to shop. That is Nordstrom Trunk Club’s core mission.
About the Process:
• Nordstrom Trunk Club stylists are a team of fashion and style experts who understand that the right wardrobe can help you land a job, feel more confident, or simply free up time for more important things than shopping.
• Stylists are real people with diverse backgrounds ready to serve both women and men for any need, occasion, or styling challenge.
You’ll only pay for what you keep.
• There is no fee to sign up.
• Each Trunk has a $25 styling fee (waived for Nordstrom cardmembers) that’s credited toward your final purchase.
About the Merchandise:
• They carry top-quality men’s and women’s clothing for everything from the workweek to the weekends.
• Many of the same brands you know and love from Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack are also available at Nordstrom Trunk Club. Get personal attention from an expert stylist at Nordstrom Trunk Club by clicking here.
Look gorgeous in your workout clothes no matter what your age
If you wear stylish workout and casual clothes you will feel better about yourself and they will still be comfortable.
- Athleta – Rock your sweatpants when you exercise. There’s no need to look like a schlump. Athleta has all you need to look sharp on a hike, at yoga class, in the pool, or on vacation. They also have casual clothes to hang out with, shoes, accessories, and the best women’s workout clothes. Shop activewear and workout clothes at Athleta by clicking here.
Great sweaters, cardigans, and wool coats!
The stores below sell all sorts of women’s clothing items but their sweaters and cardigans are outstanding.
- Gentle Herd sells premium cashmere and wool products made with sustainable natural materials. Their wool comes from inner Mongolian goats who graze in peaceful pastures and are treated extremely well. They have gorgeous cashmere sweaters, pants, and coats as well as stunning knitwear. Click here to see what they have at Gentle Herd.
- Parrish LA – a Los Angeles-based luxe sweater and knitwear collection created by Lauren Parrish Walker. Designed to be comfortable, warm, and chic. Click here to see what’s new at Parrish LA.
Love to be different? Find clothing that is unique, homemade, & vintage
Are you tired of the ordinary and want something you can’t necessarily find elsewhere. Shop small businesses in one online space.
- Etsy – If you’re looking for clothing, jewelry, handmade made goods, BOHO, and vintage items that are out of the ordinary and well-made you can find them on Etsy. They have everything from gorgeous bracelets to doggie supplies. It’s an amazing shopping space for goods from artisans and crafters. Shop on Etsy for unique clothing, home goods, and more by clicking here.
- Jane is a fun online marketplace of small businesses and boutiques that offers discounts and daily deals. They have classy clothes for all ages as well as jewelry, accessories, kid’s items, home goods, gifts, pets, and more. Their #Janeforgood campaign donates to good causes. All of their items are affordable. If you’re looking for great gifts, you’ll find them here. Find clothing, gifts, and more on Jane.com by clicking here.
Get great fashion and accessories discounts and deals on these sites
Who doesn’t love discounts and deals on designer clothes and accessories? These online shopping sites are amazing!
- Living Social – Find deals on women’s fashion that you may not be able to find elsewhere. Limited-time sales will get you the best bang for your buck.
- Groupon – This company owns Living Social so you can find different deals on each site. Check them both out.
Find unique Jewelry for a finishing touch
Diamonds may be a girl’s best friend, but unless you are super-rich, you probably aren’t collecting new “jewels” now that you are over 50. The companies below offer handmade and unusual jewelry you won’t find elsewhere.
- Silpada is the place for beautiful sterling silver jewelry that is classy but affordable. It is a direct sales company where you can find delicate and unique styles that look good with any outfit. Click here to see what Silpada has to offer.
- Energy Muse offers Natural Gemstones and Crystal Jewelry – My favorite jewelry items are made with natural gemstones because they are said to have healing properties. Take the Crystal Test to find your perfect match at Energy Muse by clicking here.
- Etsy is also the place to go for all sorts of jewelry from natural gemstones to handmade jewelry made by small businesses and artisans. Find jewelry and accessories on Etsy here.
Luxuriate in fine lingerie & shapewear
You can have the most flattering and gorgeous clothing on your body but what you wear underneath makes all the difference in how those garments look. Mature women have special body needs so fit and quality are all important.
- Third Love will help you find perfect undergarments that not only fit but are comfortable as well. They offer 1/2 sizes and shapes for “real” women. This line is designed by women for women. The company has donated approx 3 million dollars in bras for women in need. Shop for bras and lingerie at Third Love by clicking here.
Stylish eyewear can make your overall look standout
Quality eyewear is super important especially when you’re older. The online shopping sites below have solutions for your needs from sunglasses, eyeglasses, to reading glasses.
- Warby Parker – This online store was featured on 60 Minutes as a store that gives back to the community. Warby Parker offers fashion sunglasses and eyeglasses designed in-house and crafted from the best materials. Pick out five different frames to try on at home for free. The company partners with non-profits like VisionSpring to ensure that for every pair of glasses sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need. Order your home try-on glasses at Warby Parker by clicking here.
- Eyeconic – If you wear contacts, you can order them on Eyeconic, along with designer eyeglasses and sunglasses that include Nike, Lacoste, Chloe, and Ferragamo to name a few. They accept insurance and have a network of over 40,000 eye doctors. Plus, they offer free shipping, no minimums, and free returns. They say if you can find a lower price, they will match it. Shop designer glasses and order contacts on Eyeconic by clicking here.
- Randolph USA – This company produces classic aviator sunglasses built with a 200-step military-grade quality that are handcrafted to last. Buy classic aviator-framed sunglasses at Randolph USA by clicking here.
Blue blocking eyewear to protect your eyes when you use electronics
Do you work on your computer or use your phone all the time? It’s easy to get eye strain. Blue-blocking technology used in eyeglasses or readers will protect your eyes from eye strain and help you sleep better. The companies below offer high-quality glasses.
- Swanwick has designs for the day and for the night. Multiple studies have been done on the effectiveness of blue-blocking eyewear and Swanwick is the only company to have been independently and scientifically validated by these studies. See all of the Swanwick designs available by clicking here.
- Eyebobs has ultra-fashionable designs in their blue-blocking eyewear line that are gorgeous! Check out their latest styles here.
Purses and travel bags
The perfect handbag will make your outfit but they don’t have to be super expensive. And, when you travel you want to make sure your personal items will be safe. The sites below offer a large variety of choices at reasonable prices.
- Ebags has everything you need from purses to luggage. What many people don’t know is that they also offer clothing, sunglasses, shoes, gloves, watches, and travel items all at reasonable prices with a long list of top brands. Find the suitcase, handbag, and accessories you need at Ebags by clicking here.
- baggallini – One of my favorite brands for travel purses and wallets is baggallini. They have RFID theft protection built right in. All of their items are light , well-made, easy to carry and wash, and have lots of compartments. Buy travel purses and wallets at baggallini by clicking here.
- Maika makes recycled canvas tote and travel bags that are colorful and practical. It is an eco conscious company that is women-owned and has some adorable products. Click here to see what’s new at Maika.
- Tory Burch sells classic style handbags that will always be in style. Impeccably made and worth every penny. See the latest collection of Tory Burch handbags by clicking here.
Stay warm and protected in high-quality outdoor wear
Whether you live in a cold climate or are traveling to one, you need warm coats and outdoor wear to keep you toasty and comfortable. I have often traveled in winter to beat the crowds that swarm in summer.
- Columbia – Are you looking for a cozy parka to wear in cold weather, hiking gear, or other outdoor wear? Columbia has some of the best women’s outdoor clothing. I love my Columbia down parka and have taken it to Europe during the winter several times. It’s light, thermal, (using Omni-Heat Reflective material), and is solidly constructed. Columbia has a large assortment of outerwear, footwear, layering components, vests, apparel, hats, and accessories. They also offer Plus-sizes. The company is based in Oregon. Shop parkas and outdoor wear at Columbia by clicking here.
Your feet will love you in these comfortable and stylish shoes
If you are a mature woman over 50, you know that COMFORT is king when it comes to shoes. But, there’s no reason they can’t look classy too. It makes no sense to risk falling off 6-inch stilettos or suffering a backache just to look glamorous. The following brands are dedicated to shoes that provide comfort, support, and overall foot wellness but still look attractive and on-trend
***The most extensive selection of shoes can be found at Zappos. If you are looking for a particular brand, you can find it here. It’s your one-stop-shop for shoes. Take out the frustration of shoe shopping for high-quality shoes with fast delivery. Check here to see what’s new at Zappos.
- Toms– Toms is known for its line of slip-on Espadrilles made with a variety of canvas solids and prints and is also another GIVE BACK company. For each purchase, TOMS helps provide shoes to people in need, and proceeds go to a variety of charities. Shop Toms by clicking here.
- Crocs USA – An American classic when it comes to comfortable and waterproof casual shoes and sandals. I wear them when I’m outside gardening so I can get my feet wet and they come in all sorts of fun styles. Shop Crocs USA by clicking here.
- Sperry Shoes – is known for its top-sider nautical style shoes, clothing, and accessories and is a great site to purchase comfortable waterproof shoes, boots, loafers, sneakers, and slippers. They are classic, stylish, and casual but also feminine. Quality construction makes them long-lasting and attractive. Click here to find out what’s new at Sperry.
The shoe store that has everything!
Supporting small women-owned clothing businesses
I love women who have an entrepreneurial spirit. The businesses below are woman-owned and operated.
- Haperson Hill is a woman-owned small business. Tami is a former nurse who left her 9-5 job during the COVID-19 pandemic to start her online boutique. The clothes she sells are beautiful, practical, and comfortable. Find out more about her company and browse her clothing line by clicking here.
- the-Bias-Cut.com – This London-based online clothing company focuses on trendy clothes for over 50 women. Their clothing line is stylish, fun, and unique. | Read my interview with founder Jacynth Bassett
- Gibby’s Frillery – This company is owned by Kim Bligh and she makes scarves, headband scarves, ribbon scarves, and Kaftans. Everything is made in Pendergrass, Georgia in the USA. Watch her video showing off her Kaftans here. Use this link to get 50% off when you join her email list.
- AnyAgeActiveWear – is a company owned by a 60ish woman named Jo who designs activewear to help women of all ages feel more confident and comfortable. It is made for changing bodies. Her Active Ice fabric also allows women to stay dry and cool during hot flashy days because it breathes. Click here to see what’s new at AnyAgeActiveWear.com
Please share this image for Best Women’s Clothes and Accessories Over 50 on Pinterest
This page was updated 4/2022