Just because we’re older doesn’t mean we have to look frumpy! I’ve put together a list of the best women’s clothes and accessories over 50 you can buy online that include clothing, shoes, jewelry, and accessories to help you look classy and chic.
It’s not always easy to find clothing for women over 50 who have ever-changing post-menopause figures but these wonderful stores offer flattering styles and a variety of sizes. I don’t know about you but it’s frustrating going to the mall where most of the stores cater to size zero young women.
What are the best websites to shop for mature women’s clothing online?
These are some of the best online shopping sites for older women’s clothing that I have found so far. I also look for sites that are affordable so you don’t spend all your retirement money on your apparel and accessories.
- Coldwater Creek – A leading specialty retailer of women’s apparel, gifts, jewelry, and accessories. I love their styles and they are made to fit mature women of all body shapes. Their clothes are inspired by nature and are comfortable and stylish. They also have Plus sizes. See what’s new on Coldwater Creek by clicking here.
- Curateur – Box of Style by Rachel Zoe is now Curateur, which is French means an all-encompassing, curated lifestyle membership for the modern woman. So now it’s more than a box of fashion delivered with a membership, but now includes luxury home decor, cocktail accessories, the latest fashion pieces, the most-coveted makeup and skincare products, plus much more. You will love it! Sign up to get the newest box on Curateur by clicking here.
- Dorothee Schumacher – It’s not just a label but is an attitude. Contemporary women’s clothing for your lifestyle. Using only the highest standards their clothes are made with fine materials with subtle, classy designs. See the latest styles on Dorothee Schumacher by clicking here.
- Dressbarn – Find everything you need from casual to formal in sizes 2-24. Dressbarn’s goal is to dress women for life with affordable fashion. Find out what’s new at Dressbarn by clicking here.
- Farfetch – This International line of designer clothes is for the individualist. It’s hip, edgy, classic, feminine, or street depending on your preferences. Choose a price range to fit your budget whether it’s high-end or every day. What I like about it is that it’s not your typical department store fare. You will definitely stand out in style. Find something unique for you on Farfetch by clicking here.
- Jane – This site is so much fun! It’s an online marketplace for small businesses and boutiques that offers discounts and daily deals. They have classy clothes for all ages, but also jewelry, accessories, kid’s items, home goods, gifts, pets, and more. Their #Janeforgood campaign donates to good causes. All of their items are affordable. And for the COVID pandemic, they have adorable masks. If you’re looking for great gifts, you’ll find them here. Find clothing, gifts, and more on Jane.com by clicking here.
- Lands’ End® – Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, and real value. It has some of the best women’s clothes online especially for those who love classic style. They have a complete line of casual and tailored clothing for women, men, and kids’ plus stunning outerwear, swimwear & more. Everything is Guaranteed. Period.® Returns are always free at the Lands’ End Shops at Sears. Chat with a real person 24/7 via text chat, phone, or video. Find the latest classic styles on Lands’ End by clicking here.
- Macy’s is one of my go-to department stores for women’s fashion. It’s always classy and they always have great sales. Many of their styles are perfect for women over 50 that you can also find in plus size and petite. While you shop on their online site make sure to check out their accessories, beauty products, home goods, and much more. They also put on a pretty darn good parade! Find the perfect outfit at Macy’s by clicking here.
- Nadine West – Founded in 2013, Nadine West sends personalized outfits to your doorstep every month. No subscription fees. Pay for only what you like. Take a style quiz at Nadine West by clicking here.
- Nic + Zoe – I’ve found some unique and gorgeous styles at Nic + Zoe. It’s not a cookie-cutter store by any means. See some of their gorgeous cardigans here. They also have gorgeous dresses, pants, blazers, blouses, and much more. Plus-size is available. Find unique and beautiful styles at Nic + Zoe by clicking here.
- Nordstrom – If you are looking for elegant and fashionable attire, Nordstrom is a one-stop shop for high-quality designer clothing, shoes, beauty items, and accessories. They also have a fabulous department for plus-size women and offer free alterations. You can always find the best women’s clothes over 50 shopping at Nordstrom’s and look out for their Anniversary sale for amazing bargains. Find the perfect outfit for you at Nordstrom by clicking here.
- Rachel Zoe – Founded in 2011 by top designer Rachel Zoe, you can shop for ready to wear women’s clothing as well as shoes & accessories that cater to the savvy, fashion-minded, modern woman. Drawing on vintage-inspired fabrics, prints & silhouettes, it evokes California vibes with New York confidence. Find elegant and gorgeous fashion at Rachel Zoe by clicking here.
- Rafaella Sportswear – Love the shape you’re in no matter what size you are. Rafaella, part of Perry Ellis, offers easy care and comfortable clothing for women of all ages including plus size and petite who have a sense of style and enjoy an active lifestyle. Sizes 4-32. Shop styles that fit and feel comfortable at Rafaella Sportswear by clicking here.
- XCVI – This online shopping site offers clothing you can live in. Their line is sophisticated but also comfortable and casual. It was founded by Gita Zeltzer who is an Israeli-born theatre actress and director. All her designs are breathable and moveable as well as stylish and attractive. Shop fashion you feel good living in at XCVI by clicking here.
- Margaret O’Leary sells plush and chic knitwear and women’s clothing. The company is based in San Francisco. Find out what’s new at Margaret O’Leary by clicking here.
Be conscious of where your clothing is made and what materials are used. Ethical clothing means it’s not made by exploited workers and that material and the way they are made is good for our environment.
- LACAUSA Clothing – Ethical, environmentally conscious, fair work practices, low waste clothing company based in Los Angeles. Comfortable and stylishly made with natural fabrics. Shop with a conscience at LACAUSA Clothing by clicking here.
- PrAna – Sustainable and fashion to reduce the impact on our environment. Made with organic “green” material, free-trade practices, cruelty-free, and PFC-free water-resistant jackets. Make a difference and shop green at PrAna by clicking here.
Need a personal stylist?
It’s not always easy to find the right styles based on your body shape and lifestyle when you go shopping for clothes. A personal stylist who is trained can make a huge difference.
- Nordstrom Trunk Club is a personalized mid-to-high-end men’s and women’s clothing service based in Chicago, Illinois, United States. You will work with a specialist who will find you the best clothing styles for women over 50 that are fashionable and classy. Your purchase will then be shipped to your home. If you are satisfied with your items, purchase them outright or send them back to Trunk Club.
About Nordstrom Trunk Club
• Their service exists to give you a jolt of confidence knowing that everything you’re wearing just works.
• It is designed for smart and savvy people looking for quality clothing that will make you feel and look great.
• They are the only retailer that offers personal attention and expert styling advice delivered to your door with the highest standards of customer care.
• You will feel fabulous about how you look and find that the process to be effortless and fun, no matter how you prefer to shop. That is Nordstrom Trunk Club’s core mission.
About the Process:
• Nordstrom Trunk Club stylists are a team of fashion and style experts who understand that the right wardrobe can help you land a job, feel more confident, or simply free up time for more important things than shopping.
• Stylists are real people with diverse backgrounds ready to serve both women and men for any need, occasion, or styling challenge.
You’ll only pay for what you keep.
• There is no fee to sign up.
• Each Trunk has a $25 styling fee (waived for Nordstrom cardmembers) that’s credited toward your final purchase.
About the Merchandise:
• They carry top-quality men’s and women’s clothing for everything from the workweek to the weekends.
• Many of the same brands you know and love from Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack are also available at Nordstrom Trunk Club. Get personal attention from an expert stylist at Nordstrom Trunk Club by clicking here.
Look gorgeous in your workout clothes no matter what your age
If you put a little style in your workout and casual clothes you will feel better about yourself and they will still be comfortable.
- Athleta – Rock your sweatpants when you exercise. There’s no need to look like a schlump. Athleta has all you need to look sharp on a hike, at yoga class, in the pool, or on vacation. They also have casual clothes to hang out with, shoes, accessories, and the best women’s workout clothes. Shop activewear and workout clothes at Athleta by clicking here.
Love to be different? Find unique, homemade, and vintage fashion here
Are you tired of the ordinary and want something you can’t necessarily find elsewhere. Shop small companies in one online space.
- Etsy – If you’re looking for clothing, jewelry, handmade made goods, BOHO, and vintage items that are out of the ordinary and well-made you can find them on Etsy. They have everything from gorgeous bracelets to doggie supplies. It’s an amazing shopping space for goods from artisans and crafters. Shop on Etsy for unique clothing, home goods, and more by clicking here.
Get great fashion and accessories discounts and deals on these sites
If you are looking for great bargains on designer clothes and accessories as well as so much else, these online shopping sites are amazing!
- Living Social – Find deals on women’s fashion that you may not be able to find elsewhere. Limited-time sales will get you the best bang for your buck.
- Groupon – This company owns Living Social so you can find different deals on each site. Check them both out.
Who doesn’t love jewelry?
I love natural gemstones because they’re earthy and give off positive energy.
- Energy Muse Offers Natural Gemstones and Crystal Jewelry – My favorite jewelry items are made with natural gemstones because they are said to have healing properties. Take the Crystal Test to find your perfect match at Energy Muse by clicking here.
- Etsy is also the place to go for all sorts of jewelry from natural gemstones to handmade jewelry made by small companies and artisans. Find jewelry and accessories on Etsy here.
The companies below offer unique offerings you won’t find elsewhere.
- Capsul Jewelry – This woman-owned business based in Los Angeles creates custom 14k jewelry as well as brass and sterling with personalized handwriting, a special date, the sound wave pattern of a voice, name, or place to make your piece special and unique. It’s also made in the most environmentally friendly way. There’s something for everyone at various price points depending on your needs. Engrave your jewelry with Memories at Capsul Jewelry by clicking here.
- Chupi – Handmade Jewelry made in Ireland – Rings, necklaces, earrings, and more with a Celtic twist. They also have unique engagement and wedding pieces. Made with ethical gold and conflict-free diamonds. Inspired by wildlife and nature. Award-winning. Shop for beautiful Irish-inspired jewelry at Chupi by clicking here.
Find lingerie & shapewear that fits you
What you wear underneath your clothes will make a huge difference in how your outer clothes look. Mature women have special body needs so shop from the best.
- Third Love – Find your perfect fit bra that’s comfortable. Third Love works in 1/2 sizes and shapes for “real” women. No itchy tags either. Designed by women for women. This company has donated approx 3 million dollars in bras for women in need. Shop for bras and lingerie that fit your measurements at Third Love by clicking here.
Do you hot flash? This sleepwear will keep you cool
Are you constantly throwing off the covers at night because your sleepwear makes you sweat? Here is your solution.
- Cool-Jams Wicking Sleepwear -This store offers sleepwear for women who have hot flashes. – You’ll stay dry and comfortable all night wearing their pj’s and nightgowns. Shop cool sleepwear at Cool-Jams by clicking here.
Stylish eyewear can make your outfit standout
Quality eyewear is super important especially when you’re older. The online shopping sites below have solutions for your needs from sunglasses, eyeglasses, to reading glasses.
- Warby Parker – This online store was featured on 60 Minutes as a store that gives back to the community. Warby Parker offers fashion sunglasses and eyeglasses designed in-house and crafted from the best materials. Pick out five different frames to try on at home for free. The company partners with non-profits like VisionSpring to ensure that for every pair of glasses sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need. Order your home try-on glasses at Warby Parker by clicking here.
- Eyeconic – If you wear contacts as I do, you can order them on Eyeconic, along with designer eyeglasses and sunglasses that include Nike, Lacoste, Chloe, and Ferragamo to name a few. They accept insurance and have a network of over 40,000 eye doctors. Free shipping, no minimums, and free returns. They say if you can find a lower price, they will match it. Shop designer glasses and order contacts on Eyeconic by clicking here.
- SunglassWarehouse.com – SunglassWarehouse sells stylish but affordable sunglasses. If you’re the type of person who sticks their sunglasses in their purse or leaves them on a restaurant table, this is the site for you. Tons of styles and polarized lenses. Everything you need to protect your eyes from the sun. Find a stylish pair of sunglasses at SunglassWarehouse by clicking here.
- Randolph USA – This company produces high-quality classic aviator sunglasses built with a 200-step military-grade quality that are handcrafted to last. Buy classic aviator-framed sunglasses at Randolph USA by clicking here.
- Readers.com – It’s hard to get away from not needing reading glasses when you’re over 50 and Reader.com is the hub for that. You can shop by power and find styles you love on their website. Shop the latest styles in reading glasses at Readers.com by clicking here.
Blue blocking eyewear to protect from eye strain
Do you work on your computer or use your phone all the time? It’s easy to get eye strain. However, blue-blocking technology used in eyeglasses or readers will protect your eyes from eye strain and help you sleep better. Here are some companies I recommend you check out.
- Swanwick has designs for day and for night. Multiple studies have been done on the effectiveness of blue-blocking eyewear and Swanwick is the only company to have been independently and scientifically validated by these studies. See all of the Swanwick designs available by clicking here.
- Eyebobs has fashionable designs in their blue-blocking eyewear line that are gorgeous! Check out their latest styles here.
Purses and travel bags
The perfect handbag will make your outfit but they don’t have to be super expensive. And, when you travel you want to make sure your personal items will be safe. The sites below offer a large variety of choices at reasonable prices.
- Ebags – From purses to luggage, Ebags has it all. What many people don’t know is that they also offer clothing, sunglasses, shoes, gloves, watches, and travel items all at reasonable prices with a long list of top brands. Find the suitcase, handbag, and accessories you need at Ebags by clicking here.
- baggallini – One of my favorite brands for travel purses and wallets. RFID theft protection built right in. Light, well-made, easy to carry and wash, and lots of compartments. Buy travel purses and wallets at baggallini by clicking here.
Stay warm and protected in high-quality outdoor wear
Whether you live in a cold climate or are traveling to one, you need high-quality coats and outdoor wear to keep you toasty and warm. I personally love traveling in winter to beat the crowds that swarm in summer.
- Columbia – Do you need a fabulous parka for cold weather, hiking gear, or other outdoor wear? Columbia is my favorite for the best women’s outdoor clothing.I love my Columbia down parka and have taken it to Europe during the winter several times. It’s light, thermal, (using Omni-Heat Reflective material), and is solidly constructed. Columbia has a large assortment of outerwear, footwear, layering components, vests, apparel, hats, and accessories. They also offer Plus-sizes. The company is based in Oregon. Shop parkas and outdoor wear at Columbia by clicking here.
Your feet will love you in these comfortable and classy looking shoes
If you are a woman over 50, you know that COMFORT is king when it comes to shoes. But, there’s no reason they can’t be stylish too. It makes no sense to risk falling off 6-inch stilettos or suffer a backache just to look glamorous. The following brands are dedicated to shoes that provide comfort, support, and overall foot wellness but still look attractive and on-trend.
- Aerosoles – Shoes that combine style, quality, and comfort. You will always look fashionable without your feet having to suffer. From sneakers to boots, heels, and gorgeous flats. Walk-in comfort for hours. Shop Aerosoles by clicking here.
- Zappos – This site is the ultimate destination for high-quality shoes. If you’re looking for a specific brand, it’s sure to be on their website. Uggs, Clark, Sorel, and hundreds more are all indexed by letter. And, although shoes are their main thing, they also have gifts, accessories, apparel, eyeglasses, jewelry, and more. Shop Zappos by clicking here.
- Teva – This company features sandals, boots, sneakers, and more made with FloatLite technology. It was born in the Grand Canyon in 1984 when a river guide rigged two velcro watchbands to a pair of old flip-flops. You’ll find their shoes to be attractive, supportive, and super comfortable. Shop Teva by clicking here.
- Toms– Toms is known for its line of slip-on Espadrilles made with a variety of canvas solids and prints and is also another GIVE BACK company. For each purchase, TOMS helps provide shoes to people in need, and proceeds go to a variety of charities. Shop Toms by clicking here.
- Crocs USA – An American classic when it comes to comfortable and waterproof casual shoes and sandals. I always wear them when I’m outside gardening and they come in all sorts of fun styles. Shop Crocs USA by clicking here.
When it comes to comfortable shoes can’t go wrong with these companies
The brands below are well-known for comfortable shoes that are stylish and affordable. You can’t go wrong with any of them and your feet will thank you. Click on the links to visit their sites.
Supporting small women-owned clothing businesses
I adore the entrepreneurial spirit and the online women’s clothing sites below are woman-owned.
- Haperson Hill is a woman-owned small business. Tami is a former nurse who left her 9-5 job during the COVID-19 pandemic to start her online boutique. The clothes she sells are beautiful, practical, and comfortable. Find out more about her company and browse her clothing line by clicking here.
- the-Bias-Cut.com – This London-based online clothing company focuses on trendy clothes for over 50 women. Their clothing line is stylish, fun, and unique. | Read my interview with founder Jacynth Bassett
Why not promote your business by wearing your company logo?
Create stylish clothing for your business by adding your business logo to advertise it as you travel or go about your day.
- Create a Shirt – Add your logo to Tee-shirts, hoodies, long sleeve shirts, and tank tops. Tons of variety in styles and colors. Order your personalized clothing items at Create a Shirt by clicking here.
Please share this image for Best Women’s Clothes and Accessories Over 50 on Pinterest
This page was updated 9/2021