When it comes to skin care products and cosmetics for those of us over 50, let’s change the way we think about aging and adopt the new mindset of Pro-aging. The term “anti-aging” sounds negative. Instead, we can embrace our age knowing that the right products will help us look vibrant and luminous.
Less is more. The most beautiful older women start with good skin care and use minimal makeup that allows them to glow with vitality. Eating healthy foods and hydrating with pure water is essential too.
The ingredients in your skin care products are important too so you want to make sure they don’t contain harsh chemicals and use ethical practices in their development. However, I’ve found that the most effective products and the least allergenic are formulated with a mixture of scientifically developed and natural ingredients.
You may also want to read: How to Know if Your Skincare Ingredients are Harmful to Your Health
The trick to aging gracefully is to enjoy it
Online shopping has made it easier for us to find the best skin care products to meet our individual needs. We don’t have to fight crowds at the mall or attend parties where we buy more than we intended. My recommendations below are of products I have tried and loved. I hope you will enjoy them too.
My favorite skin care products for mature skin.
- Murad is a high-performance line of radiant beauty products that works. It offers a range of solutions that include mature skin, acne, and even cellulite. Their products are mid-range in price and are remarkably effective. The company was founded by Dr. Howard Murad, a dermatologist, and pharmacist, who takes a holistic view of how to treat aging skin. No animal testing is involved. Find out what’s new at Murad by clicking here.
- AHAVA is also high on my list of favorite skin care brands. Their products are made with Dead Sea minerals. They have an extensive line of high-quality skincare, serums, salt scrubs, oils, and treatments. You’ll find solutions for every type of skin and ingredients also include botanicals and other natural ingredients to make your skin glow and look vibrant. Find out what’s new at AHAVA by clicking here.
- Cerave is an affordable drug store brand but one I absolutely love! I have dry skin and when I put on Cerave moisturizer my skin feels fantastic. Shop Cerave products at Target by clicking here.
- Neostrata is a dermatologist-developed product that will give you profound benefits for your skin. It will rejuvenate your skin and heal damage. See what’s new at Neostrata by clicking here.
- Beautified You – has many of my favorite higher end skin care and cosmetic brands for great prices including Peter Thomas Roth, Elimis, Dermalogica all on one site. Mens products too. Find fabulous skin care brands by clicking here.
Best skin care specifically for Menopausal women
- Caire Beauty skin care is specially designed for women with declining hormones either in pre or post menopause. It’s clean, cruelty free, and vegan. Find out how Caire Beauty can work for you by clicking here.
Best all-natural skin care products
- Biossance offers sustainable beauty products formulated with biotechnology. The ingredients in Biossance’s skin care products include Squalane which comes from 100% plant-based, renewable sugarcane. It is then bio-fermented to create a beautiful result that is highly stable and sustainable. Their skin care products lock in moisture to keep your face and body hydrated. Biossance is diligent in its effort to offer clean skin care that will not cause cancer, unbalance your hormones, or damage the environment. The company collaborates with the nonprofit Zagaya to eradicate Malaria in third-world countries and makes donations based on purchases. Find out what’s new at Biossance by clicking here.
- Annmarie Skincare makes non-toxic herbal infused skin care, makeup and hair products that are specially blended to energize your skin and hair. Order a sample set of Annmarie skin care to see how you like it here.
- Manuka Doctor is a New Zealand company that offers skin care made with bee products. It’s a naturally inspired, and scientifically enhanced formulation that is refined, and formulated for high performance, and is 100% bee-friendly. They also sell 20+ active bio Manuka bee honey to use as a sweetener. This powerful and nutritious honey helps destroy superbug infections like MRSA. Purchase Manuka Doctor skin care by clicking here.
- Aurelia of London was founded by Claire Vero who used her experience in the pharmaceutical industy to launch her company. She combines probiotics with sustainably sournced bio-organic ingredients into her skin care formulas. You will not only nourish your skin but the products smell amazing and will make your skin silky smooth. Check out Aurelia’s best selling products here.
Skin Care gift sets
- L’Occitane en Provence beauty products come from Manosque, France. They have a line of luxurious skin care products, body care, hand care, fragrances, and gorgeous gifts for women and men. Their hand creme is one of the best in the world. Find out what’s new at L’Occitane en Provence by clicking here.
Specific skin care concerns for women over 50
- DerMend Mature Skin Solutions – If you are experiencing dry, itchy skin due to a chronic condition or because of medical treatments like chemotherapy. Make sure to try their Moisturizing Anti-itch Lotion, Fragile Skin Moisturizing Formula and Moisturizing Bruise Formula Cream
- Theraplex Hydro Lotion Daily Skin Maintenance and Dry Skin Protection was accepted by the National Eczema Association and will soothe dry skin almost immediately. Order it by clicking here.
Makeup and Cosmetics
- e.l.f. cosmetics is affordable and a highly-rated brand of makeup and skin care. I absolutely love their mascara. The line is cruelty free-paraban-free, and 100% vegan. I particularly love that their colors are subtle and natural looking. See what’s new at e.l.f. cosmetics here!
- Wander Beauty is all about needing fewer and better beauty essentials that keep you gorgeous on the go. Luxe high-performance makeup, and skin essentials that provide maximum impact with minimum effort. See what’s new at Wander Beauty by clicking here.
- Missha is a Korean skin care and cosmetic company that is known for excellent BB cream with SPF 42 and its M BB Boomer primer. Their skin care formulas, including their Time Revolution line, focus only on the necessities so you get a clean products and excellent results. See what’s new at Missha by clicking here.
- It Cosmetics – I am in love with It Cosmetics CC cream and use it all the time. It makes my face look flawless and yet it is light and glowing. Purchase It Cosmetics CC Cream by clicking here.
- Billion Dollar Beauty – Organize your makeup in a handy carry case that includes its own mirror. All BBB products are paraben-free, cruelty-free and vegan and come in ultra flattering neutral colors. Each item is magnetized to stick to the carrying case for easy replacement. It makes a lovely gift for any woman as well. To order one of their fabulous cosmetic sets, click here.
- Primalash makes gorgeous false eyelashes. Older women tend to lose lash fullness as they age and these lashes are plant-based. They are easy to apply as well. If you have a dressy occasion coming up and want to add a little pizazz to your look, you will love these. Click here to order your Primalash lashes today.
- MakeUp Eraser – Are you tired of using wipes to get your makeup off? MakeUp Eraser has sustainable makeup removal products that only uses one accessible resource – WATER. It is antibacterial, contains no chemicals, lasts 3-5 years, is machine washable, excellent for sensitive skin, will exfoliate your face and lips, and saves you money. Order your MakeUp Eraser today by clicking here using code BOOM22 for15% off.
Essential Oils, Aromatherapy, and Fragrance
- Skylar Body, Inc. sells natural perfumes and home freshening fragrances. Enjoy their fresh scent that doesn’t have any parabens, SLS, phthalates, allergens, animal-derived products, or synthetic dyes mixed in. Find your perfect scent at Skylar Body by clicking here.
Best Hair Products
- Madison Reed makes non-toxic and luxurious hair coloring products. If you are still dying your hair and hate the fact that you are putting toxic sludge on your head, you will love this brand. They have great customer service and all their products can be easily purchased online. Book a free video consult with an expert hair colorist by clicking here.
- Rene Furterer has offered botanically based hair care rituals for specific hair and scalp concerns since 1950. Its products promote beautiful hair & a healthy scalp. All are made with natural essential oils & plant extracts, based on professional techniques. Find out what they offer by clicking here.
- Better Not Younger – The female CEO of Better Not Younger spent 25 years working for brands Proctor and Gamble and L’Oreal. She wanted to find solutions for women who are older that are experiencing changes in their hair as they age. You can find shampoo, conditioner and other hair products to get more volume, thicken, and hydrate your hair. Also, lash and brow growth and enhancing serums, scalp treatments, and more to improve and beautify your locks. Click here to find out what is new at Better Not Younger.
Are you in a conundrum about whether to go gray or not or would you like to try trendy hair color without going through the dying process? Or are you going through medical treatments that have caused you to lose your hair? Try wearing a wig.
- Uniwigs offers wigs, hair toppers, extensions, and hair system lines to meet your needs with great customer service. Click here to find the best wig for you.
Nails, Feet, and Hands
- Barielle offers nail strengthening, foot, and hand care products that really work. As we get older our nails start to thin out and become fragile. They also have fun nail colors (with strengthening formula inside) and skin care products for hands, feet, and face. Find everything you need for beautiful nails by clicking here.
- DIAMANCEL #11 FOOT BUFFER is a heavy-duty polishing file for feet in need of intensive foot care that really works. When I was at the spa at Mirava; Resort and Spa my pedicurist used one and recommended that I get one. It really takes off the dead skin without damaging my feet. I would never use anything else. She told me to take it with me whenever I get a pedicure to avoid catching a fungus or some other gnarly condition that you can sometimes get at a nail salon.
Watch my IGTV Videos below. Please watch.
Please share this image on Pinterest