As a Los Angeles blogger, I like to report on various holiday events taking place in LA proper, especially during the holidays.
Last year was limited because of the pandemic but this year more events are opening up. If you are in the Los Angeles area during November and December make sure to book some time at these holiday events.
Lightscape at the LA Arboretum
The beautiful LA Arboretum will be hosting its LIGHTSCAPE event from November 12, 2021 – January 16th, 2022. The Arboretum is located near the Santa Anita racetrack in Arcadia. Tickets are now available. If you are a member of the Arboretum, you can get $5 off VIP Flextime tickets.
LIGHTSCAPE is an internationally acclaimed spectacle of light, art, and music from London that transforms the space into an ethereal and wondrous experience. You can wander through the Winter Cathedral, Fire Garden, and enjoy holiday festivities.
The event is located at L.A. Arboretum, 301 North Baldwin Avenue, Arcadia, CA 91007. Purchase tickets online here.
The Immersive Nutcraker
The Beverly Center, Los Angeles’ premier shopping and dining destination is expanding its holiday programming with The Immersive Nutcracker. It is a family-friendly walk-through holiday experience that combines theatre, VR, and projection by the producers of The Russian Ballet.
The event will run from November 26, through December 31, 2021. Presale tickets begin online on October 12th.
Guests will step into their favorite holiday ballet and journey through four rooms, including the mysterious Drosselmeyer’s chest, Tannenbaums’ Grand Ballroom, the magnificent Kingdom of Sweets, and the glittering magical Christmas Tree Room.
It will take place on Level 8 of the Beverly Center.
The Beverly Center is located at 8500 Beverly Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90048 (310) 854-0070
Other events taking place at the Beverly Center during the holidays include:
- In the Present Holiday Display in Grand Court (November 17 – December 31): Our larger-than-life holiday display will feature a 35 ft. tree, contemporary mirrored gift boxes and light-up installation that makes for the perfect holiday photo!
- Holiday Photo Booth & Live Music in Grand Court (November 27, December 4, 11 and 18): Beginning the Saturday of Black Friday weekend, capture the holiday magic, then share your photos with friends or take a print home. Plus, enjoy the live sounds of your favorite holiday classics from 1-5 p.m.
- Winter Wonderland at 3rd Street Valet (Black Friday – December 31): Enjoy photo moments on Santa’s sleigh, with Frosty and more!
- Santa Stroll and Visits (December 19 – 23): Santa will spread holiday cheer as he strolls through Beverly Center the week of Christmas, with hourly visits to Grand Court. Guests can stop and pose with Santa!
- Hope for the Holidays Pop-Up Market (Saturday, December 11): During our second annual holiday market, Beverly Center is partnering with nonprofit organization WGIRLS Los Angeles to bring guests holiday treats, entertainment, artisanal goods and more! Plus, enjoy special offers from our stores and restaurants, and complimentary gift wrap with spend of $250.
- Complimentary Gift Wrapping at ROOM SERVICE (Monday – Sunday, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.): Let us take care of your holiday needs this year. Enjoy complimentary gift wrapping when you spend $500+ in center! The gift wrap station is located in ROOM, directly next to the La Cienega Valet on level 1.
- Blood Drive with Cedars-Sinai and Sofitel (December 22 – December 23): Beverly Center, Cedars-Sinai and Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills are teaming up to put on a two-day Community Blood Drive.
Descanso Gardens Enchanted Forest of Light
Enchanted Forest of Light will be open at Descanso Gardens from November 21, 2021, through January 10, 2022. It is an interactive nighttime experience for the whole family. During the one-mile walk, you can stroll through large-scale light displays with music.
Descanso Gardens is located at 1418 Descanso Drive, La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011 (818) 949-4200
Purchase timed entrance tickets here. This holiday event is rain or shine.
The Hollywood Christmas Parade
Now in its 89th year, the Hollywood Christmas Parade will take place on Sunday, November 28th at 6 pm. It starts on Hollywood Blvd at Orange Drive, runs east to Vine Street, then south to Sunset Blvd, and then west, ending at Sunset and Orange Dr. You can view celebrities, marching bands, floats, balloons, horses, and more. Hosts this year include Laura McKenzie, Dean Cain, Montel Williams, Elizabeth Stanton, and Erik Estrada. Grand Marshall is Sheryl Underwood.
LA Zoo Lights
Spend the holidays with the animals at LA Zoo Lights. This event runs November 19, 2021 – January 9, 2022, from 6:00 pm – 10:00 PM and is rain or shine. You will see glowing animals, the world’s largest pop-up storybook, giant glittering snowflakes, and much more. You can read my review of a previous year here.
The Los Angeles Zoo is located at 5333 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027 (323) 644-4200
The Renowned Holiday Road experience, produced by TV and event veterans, will take place December 3 – December 31 from 5 pm – 10 pm at King Gillette Ranch in Calabasas. Visitors will enjoy walking on the expansive grounds to see twinkling lights, festive decorations, and a winter wonderland with a North Pole, Elf Village, Gingerbread Lane, light tunnels, and Christmas tree forests.
King Gillette Ranch: 26800 Mulholland Hwy, Calabasas, CA 91302