Performing day-to-day activities is sometimes so overwhelming that it leaves little time to relax. It’s a well-known fact that when you relax your body it soothes your soul. Some people have tried Aromatherapy oils as an alternative method of relaxation rather than resorting to prescription drugs. They are enjoying its natural and numerous health benefits and are have reduced their stress significantly.
What is Aromatherapy?
The practice of aromatherapy dates back thousands of years but is now being recognized as an essential ingredient of holistic well-being. It’s sometimes called “essential oil therapy” because naturally extracted aromatic essences from natural herbs and parts of plants are used for balancing and promoting health both psychologically and spiritually. Aromatherapy is most widely known as a gentle way to soothe the physiological, psychological, and spiritual mindset of the person receiving it and as an effective healing modality.
It’s important to use 100% pure, natural, and unadulterated essential oils to ensure the utmost comfort and relaxation for your body, mind, and soul. Aromatherapy oils are nature’s best storehouse for healthy living. They provide essential nutrients to the body to replenish the immune system and help to effectively fight against diseases, relieve stress, and regenerate the system.
The Proven Benefits of Using Essential Oils
- Relaxation: Studies have confirmed that certain essential oils such as Chamomile and Lavender help relax the nervous system and reduce anxiety. Regular use of essential oils in aromatherapy practice has also been found to bring about a more positive outlook on life.
- Sounder Sleep: Those who suffer from insomnia and use relaxing essential oils during aromatherapy practice will find that they sleep better through the night. A good practice is to apply or diffuse a few drops of aromatherapy oil (like lavender or chamomile) before bedtime for a more peaceful sleep.
- Effective Treatment of Respiratory Ailments: There are some oils that contain potent antiseptic properties. They are helpful in alleviating respiratory problems caused by fungus, mold, and bacteria. They are also effective in treating warts, rashes, sneezing, colds, and coughs.
- Maintaining Skin Health: When applied topically on the skin, the essential oils of Argan, Tea Tree, and Cashew Nut provide striking benefits to the skin and help treat a variety of skin problems, safely and naturally.
- Alleviate Cancer Symptoms: Cancer patients are often advised to use essential oils to ease the side effects of cancer treatment. When used in tandem with regular cancer care, aromatherapy can be effective and help make the patient feel better and less stressed.
- Soothe Inflammation and Pain: A blend of specific aromatherapy oils applied on affected areas of the body has been proven to be helpful in soothing tight muscles, inflamed tissue injuries, achy joints, or pain from headaches. Essential oils like ginger, turmeric, myrrh, and orange are perfect for alleviating inflammation and pain through aromatherapy and massage sessions.
- Increase Alertness: Stimulating aromatherapy oils will sharpen and maintain mental alertness. They are particularly helpful for students who need to stay mentally alert when studying.
- Relieve Indigestion: Turmeric, ginger, peppermint, grapefruit, chamomile, and lemon aromatherapy oils are useful in soothing acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, and other stomach related problems. If a few drops of these essential oils are mixed and consumed with a glass of warm water they provide quick relief from common stomach problems.
- Natural Insect Repellent: Citronella, Lemon Grass, and other essential oil blends make excellent natural pest repellents. They will keep mosquitos, ants, flies, and other bugs at bay both inside and outside the home and are much safer for you and your pets than toxic alternatives.
- For Blissful Massage: Massage therapy sessions are pure heaven when combined with aromatherapy oils. The sensual and gentle scents and relaxing music will calm and soothe the mind, body, and soul.
As you can see, Aromatherapy oils are amazing “gifts from nature” that can be effectively used as an alternative healing practice. Therapeutic high-grade aromatherapy oils are processed by carefully distilling natural herbs and parts of plants. When used to enhance health, skin, and hair, they are much safer and natural alternatives to their synthetic counterparts.
View an infographic on the benefits of using aromatherapy oils here.
As a professional aromatherapist, I urge you to get in touch with these “gifts provided by nature” and to experience the mystical effects of aromatherapy oils.